Monday, March 26, 2018

Joy in a cup of coffee


I never knew a cup of coffee at CCD can give me so much of happiness and a feel of accomplishment. Having coffee at Cafe' Coffee Day the other day was a total bliss. Well..this is not the first time that I am enjoying the rich taste of coffee at CCD. But yes, it is the first time I am having coffee and snacks in a place called Guntur. Yes..Guntur, a small city in divided Andhra Pradesh. Though Guntur has all the facilities for a city in terms of infrastructure, but when it comes to food there are very limited choices. Food in the morning and evening consists of tiffins (idli, vada, dosa) and afternoons you can get elaborate meals (consisting of enormous quantity of rice, pappu (dal), fry, curry, pacchadi (chutney), sambhar, rasam, papad and curd to end with). Items may change, but menu remains the same for all day. It may sound exiting to see soft fluffy idlies for some days, but for a person from north like me., need some change. We can't satiate our tastebuds without the mid hunger snacks of burger, pizza, samosa, sandwiches..etc etc.. the list is countless. After coming to Guntur, it felt that my choice of food got cropped to our favorite so called south Indian restaurents serving idli and dosas, of course much better at taste, quality and price. On my visit to places like Hyderabad & Bangalore, the first thing I would do is to head straight towards a McDonald's or Domino's and satiate my hunger for burgers & pizzas.. as if I did not has them for ages.

To my relief I came to know about the place in Guntur called Laxmipuram, a very upmarket area with many brands and some familiar restaurants like CCD, Dominos & KFC. To make my joy, double, triple and many fold, I announced it on facebook, whatsapp and all other media about the good news. Some got happy seeing me happy, some got confused, some surprised and some gave mixed reactions. People already belonging to Guntur were happy and amused to see the very locality of area which in no way resembled the original Guntur. All I knew I could survive in this place a little longer, as I found my cup of Joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home