Sunday, January 03, 2016

Whom to call for Action..?

8th October 2015; Wednesday, Dungri village

More than a decade ago, a program from Bill & Melinda gates foundation announced the call to action for HIV/AIDS in India and took a leap to emerge as the biggest program ever in whole Asia in the field of health. The success of the program was not in educating people for safe practices or to prevent HIV, but the most human centric approach and a sharp eye on related factors. “They already knew what was unsafe and how to prevent. The problem was violence and once it was tackled, the program become viral” and rest was known to all, AVAHAN made history.
 When today I have gone to the field to understand maternal and child health to a village untouched by any modern means, I knew I am not teaching a woman what to do for her and her children for a better health. Mothers by instinct know how to take care of her children, so seeing a malnutrition child makes me wonder about the struggle of the woman. While I was speaking to the woman about her malnourished child and feeding practices, inside I could feel the helplessness of the mother who even don’t have a single bread in her house to feed the crying child. I felt myself in the poorest state who don’t have anything to offer to take this child from hunger to health. The setting sun sparkled and I thought of a time when god’s blessing will be bestowed on this little child and we will have hands strong to take the child to sunrise of health & happiness.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home